Here is the text of the first two amendments to the US Constitution, in the Bill of Rights:
- First Amendment – Establishment Clause, Free Exercise Clause; freedom of speech, of the press, and of assembly; right to petition
- Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
- A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
- Freedom of religion? That applies right up to the point of infringing on our sacred, God-given Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Nothing trumps the Second Amendment--not any law, no sacred text, no covenant with one's family, no right to life, no freedom of speech, no free press, no no no no nothing. Second Amendment über alles.
- Moral, ethical and frankly all-around idiots rely on the Second Amendment rather than morals, ethics, or basic intelligence--how bright does one have to be to differentiate Sikhs from Muslims? And the Southern Poverty Law Center had been tracking the ne'er do well shooter for years, even though he had no file, it seems, with the FBI.
- Oh, says the FBI, we don't have files on people not associated with a case.
- Hogwash. I was having lunch with an FBI agent two years ago and that agent told me that every single young Muslim man who had entered the restaurant since we sat down had a file. "Every one of these guys," is the verbatim quote.
- The shooter bought his mass murder weapon legally. With more than 30,000 US citizens killed by guns every year, these are WMD.
- Ever since the day of Gandhi and a new way to wage a revolution, we see that guns are not, in fact, needed to protect us from the state. There is no reason for the stupid Second Amendment, which desperately needs repeal and relegation to the dust bin of history.