- more than 1,000,000 Iraqis and Afghans killed by violence and destruction of health care infrastructure
- more than 5,000 American troops killed
- more than $2 trillion spent
- used the UN to construct sanctions on al-Qa'ida
- used Interpol to capture and bring to justice all al-Qa'ida members
- radically reduced oil imports
- ceased military aid to other governments
- drawn in our military
- extended humanitarian aid to the poorest
- focused on civil society democracy development by nonviolent means
We were correct then and we are correct now. Using a soft power approach is far more cost-effective and sustainable than the military hard power road we've been on. You have a brief window now, with bin Laden gone, to draw down the military, save lives and $hundreds of billions in the short term and $trillions in the long term.
Be an evolved executive. This window won't stay open long. Be decisive. Change history. Heal this nation and the world.